Powers Ministry Blog

Powers Ministry Blog

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

March/April 2012

How are my donations used in Christian Challenge?

- You are creating a position in ministry that would not be there without you. 

- You become part of a team that reaches students for Christ who are not being reached by a typical church. 

- You allow there to be light on a spiritually dark campus of 15,000 students. 
What type of donations are the most helpful?

- A regular monthly donation helps provide a consistent salary for this huge ministry task.   

- One prompted by God. He is the Provider, and He does so through His people. 
         
- One which you want to see make a difference all over 


New Disciple

Even after doing college ministry for five years, there are still students that take you by surprise. Last semester, I met Steven and we have had a relationship where we friendly with each other, but it didn’t go much beyond that. 

This semester, he started coming to Bible study regularly and just getting passionate about Scripture and living for Jesus. I saw that he was wanting and needing more, so I’ve taken him on as a one on one disciple. 

I’ve done this with guys who show potential in leadership, but Steven has been different. He wanted to start in the Old Testament, so we did and it just brought a flood of questions. He’s now learning for the first time about David and Goliath and Samuel and Saul and it has been amazing seeing how he responds to it all. 

He’s so passionate that he has dropped his internship, that he was able to get as a freshman, which is unheard of, and pursue Biblical education. He feels called to be youth pastor. He just doesn’t call it “being called” because he’s not used to all these terms that we know so well, because he’s been a Christian  for only about seven months. 

In that short amount of time though, he’s already dropped everything that he’s worked for in exercise and wellness and is pursuing Jesus’ call on his life. He is really an inspiration and I feel so privileged to get to work with him. 

 Our second time doing a one on one Bible study together, we spent three hours going over the first six chapters of 1 Samuel. Pray for him because he’s just starting to prepare for a lifetime of ministry!



Opportunity to Share Jesus through Stress

Jamie and I have had to do some major home repairs lately and it has been a stress doing the work, but God has been providing and allowing some good things to come out of it. 

There have been two non-Christians that I have been able to spend a lot of time with while we’ve been doing bathroom repairs along with other things. One is a high school student who came to my door asking for work, obviously brought by God. We had our first spiritual conversation in five minutes brought up by him.

The second is a friend of a friend and we’ve been getting to know each other and having some heavy spiritual discussions. Pray for both of them to be open to Jesus, because they are both closed off right now. 

And thank You, God for a home in need of repair! All the stress is worth it for these two guys. 




Powers Update 


We are so excited to celebrate Easter this year! The twins get more and more fun (2.5 years). I LOVE to se them experience things for the first time! We are in full-swing potty training and it is going better than I thought it would. 
Every night as I tuck each boy in, I pray aloud, “Thank You, God for [child’s name].” A few weeks ago, for the first time, Hendrix said, “Tane Tu God for Mommy.” It made my heart feel like it was going to burst. Last night as I was doing it, I added afterwards, “I love you, Colton and I love being your mommy.” Colton said, “I love apple sauce.” They crack me up! All three are such sweet, amazing boys. God is good. Or as Dallas (6) said today, “God blesses me a lot.” 

Support that doesn’t cost a penny…
AZ residents, if you have State tax liability, PLEASE consider donating it and getting credit for paying it.  http://www.acsto.org/  If donated by 4/15/12, it can count dollar for dollar against your owed state tax dollars and help us with Dallas’ Christian education (please use his name). 




How God Used You; We could not do this ministry without our team:


- Great trips to Mexico!
- Making disciples 


Thank You for Your Prayers!
Please pray…


- Family of ASU Poly student we knew that died in plane crash
- Four extended family prayer requests
- Bible study leaders
- Orphans in Mexico 
- Ryan and Kelsey
- New church!
- Healing with losing Madison Grace 
- Handling two campuses
- Us to train our boys up in a Godly way. 
- Our support (we’re getting close!)
- Sanctuary Church 
- More salvations


How can we pray for you?


No comments: