Powers Ministry Blog

Powers Ministry Blog

Friday, July 18, 2014

July, 2014


71 Salvations!

         Zona youth camp was an amazing camp. I was on the planning team this year and will continue to be because of the camp’s great impact.  
          The best part was seeing our college students who had never led anyone to Christ doing it for the first time, and then a day or two later, a second time. I saw Alice’s face beam when she was able to talk to her student and see her come to Christ. 
         One of the nights we had 205 students come forward, mostly believers dealing with sin or needing to talk through some issues. It was an amazing night where each college staffer with us was meeting with (on average) 5 students. God moved. 
        The day started at 7am with a meeting and did not stop until about 1am, so we were working 18 hour days, which is just what it takes. Our college students know what they are getting into though and they are paying to serve. We truly have some great leaders.
   

Alaska Mission Trip

          Alaska was an amazing time to do missions together as a family. Thank you to everyone who contributed. We were able to see our friends the Hallams and minister side by side with them.
         The school was in need of snow awnings that had a possibility of 500 pounds of snow hitting them. We were able to build three so that during the winter they would be able to enter their buildings. Also, we spent a lot of the trip splitting wood, several cords, which is a life or death need in Alaska. 
While we were there the kids were able to see God’s creation and help with a VBS. It was great that they were able to have an impact, too. 

 






One of the 71 Salvations 

          This is an amazing Facebook quote from one of our leaders. 
          "I had the chance to pray with a girl who decided to accept God as her personal Lord and Savior for the first time ever! However, the happy news doesn't end there... Last year Bethany and I encountered a girl on the tennis courts after evening worship who was so broken. She was very angry at the world and anti God. Her uncle was a Satanist and she was heading down that path. It broke my heart to speak with her because she seemed like she never learned what love was, it was like she had never experienced it before in her life. 
           "Well, I saw her this year at ZONA go out onto the tennis courts on the last night with her friend because she was supporting her friend who was coming to Christ. I had heard that she was already a Christian and helped encourage her friend to take the next step. As soon as I heard that she had come to Christ I broke down in years of joy. I found her later that evening and told her who I was and asked what changed in her and when she came to Christ. It was one year ago yesterday when I talked with her on the tennis courts, she went back to her dorm afterwards and she felt... Different, she felt that gentle tug on her heart and she knew she was just being stubborn so on that same night a year ago she gave her life to Christ. There is nothing more amazing than being used by God. 
           "I am overjoyed to have been able to see him at work all around us this year at camp and to know a conversation I had with a girl last year that left me heart broken, that me and Bethany prayed for every single day for the past year, came to know Christ. It's been an amazing year and an amazing week and I can't wait to see how God continues to move as we all go back to school and we are able to start evangelizing on campus again. God is so amazing, there are just no words. But I am so blessed that he chose to use me."



 A special visit: Bryan’s sister, Mary Audrey came to see us at Zona! 

Powers Update

A long term prayer request has been answered and as I write this we are having new AC units put on! They should help lower monthly bills too. God blessed us with a guy who gave us a minister’s discount who is the husband of Hendrix’s old preschool teacher.  THANK YOU, Ministry Partners who helped financially and prayerfully with this and Praise God our old AC units worked as long as we needed them to!




Several students served as Summer Missionaries in Arizona. We are SO proud of them. This is their Farewell Party.


No comments: